Since we are getting ready to kick off the new year, we have come up with our picks for our favorite nursery wall paint colors for 2010 for a baby nursery. These wall paint ideas were gathered based on recent home decor trends, our love for certain shades, and an eye on fashion and interior design trends for 2010. Furthermore, we’ll show you which of our wall decals match with these great shades.
1) Turquoise was recently named Pantone’s color of the year for 2010 and it is a fun color to use in kid’s and baby room decorating. Take this nursery decorated by Etsy seller and blogger Caroline Armelle above as an example. She used Benjamin Moore’s Robin’s Nest wall paint to create a modern nursery with a touch of vintage. This shade is like that beautiful Tiffany blue. Because the blue is so striking on its own, neutral shades like brown and white add great depth of color. Try our animal wall decals in chocolate brown to add that bit of fun.
2) Caroline’s nursery uses another one of our recommended colors – a sunny yellow. We like Sherwin William’s Lemon Twist to get that bright and cheery yellow as shown in this Project Nursery post. Yellow is a wonderful color for 2010 because it can be accompanied with bright and vibrant colors like blues and greens. Or, it can be softened with soft browns and creams. This shade of yellow is also great for a gender neutral nursery. We like pairing this yellow with green to bring in that natural feel. Our apple green wall decals are a bright and cheery green that will go with most any shade of yellow. For theme ideas, try our turtle wall decals or our green and yellow butterfly wall decals.
3) Eco-friendly decor will continue to grow in 2010 and our list would be incomplete without that perfect shade of green. This beautiful Cedar Green is from Benjamin Moore and is part of Pottery Barn Kid’s decor line. This green is not too yellow and not too olive. It is that perfect nature-colored green and the paint itself is nature friendly as it is zero VOC. Because it is such a neutral shade, you can use many accent colors to liven it up such as blue, yellow, and orange.
4) Pastel baby blues are a thing of the past and 2010 is no different. There are so many gorgeous shades of blue to help you create the perfect boy’s room. Benjamin Moore’s Lake Placid is a timeless classic blue with a bit of grey to bring that contemporary look we seek. Our charcoal grey wall decal letters would add that personalized, matching touch.
5) For girls’ room decorating, there will always be pink. But, pink in 2010 borders on lilac like this Juice from Serena & Lily. This vivacious color is also low VOC and would work well against white moldings and borders. Again, our wall decal letters in white would match perfectly and we’d recommend a fun type face like curly or wavy.
6) Finally, we think lavender will continue to shine in 2010 as it did in 2009. This Lily Lavender wall paint is also part of Pottery Barn Kid’s Benjamin Moore selection. Lavender is a beautiful light purple that provides a nice alternative to a pink wall paint.
See our other articles on which paints are safe for nurseries and other wall paint ideas for your baby’s room such as modern palette picks from top designers. Then, see our selection of nursery wall decals to make your nursery fabulous.